Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Feet On the Path of Life

I am sometimes, okay, most times one of the lazy dog owners that just lets her dogs out in the yard to play. I don't walk them. Tsk, tsking myself on that. Walks would do us both good.

So this morning Hank and I did just that. Now Hank and I have done a lot of things together, but recreational walking is not one of them. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Wait? We're just going to walk? Huh? Really?? He was uncertain. Cars driving by made him skittish. So walking on leash for any distance must not have been a life experience for him either.

He did very good. It wasn't a mark every post, pole and blade of grass event. Though he did find the one mud puddle and immediately drop to rub his face and shoulder in it. I didn't see that one coming. Then to share his bliss he walked right next to me and rubbed it on my leg. He has such a giving nature.

On the return trip we used the sidewalk to avoid the mud puddle. The netted me $1.56in spare change from someone's pocket. What a windfall that was. To think I might have missed out on that! Thank God for Mr. Hanky.

Without the walk there would be no mud. Without the mud there would be no $1.56. Without Hank, there would be no fullness of love that only his silly self can provide.

It was a walk to remember.

No comments: