Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day Light Savings Time

Dear Doggies - we switched the clocks over the weekend. We "fell" back an hour. Nobody told you did they? Being creatures of habit you are on the old schedule. I'm struggling with the new schedule.

It is as much of a psychological change as a physical one. You say 6am, the clock says 5am. I have a hate, hate relationship with that. You so let's go, let's go, let's go. I say NO, NO, NO. But guess who wins?

Yes, our morning walks at 5:30am are quiet. And dark. Did I mention how dark it is at that time? And quiet. So quiet I wish I was still in bed.

Just for kicks and giggles let's swap schedules. You be the "hooman" and I'll be the dog. Right now, I'd be back in bed napping after my morning walk and breakfast. Ahhhhh......what a life. Walk, pee, eat, nap. I think I could adjust to that.

Maybe tomorrow you guys could humor me and let me sleep in for an extra fifteen minutes. And then the next day you could humor me some more. We could gradually adjust every one's time table. Until I reach a point I don't hate Day Light Savings Time so much. You wouldn't think this slight adjustment would muck things up so much. But it does. It's 7:15am. The doggies are already napping, and I sure could use one.

Sign me....weary and frustrated, time changes suck.

No comments: