Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Yup, it's time. Time to pause for just a moment and say Thank You. It wouldn't hurt to throw in a God Bless You, and maybe an I Love You or two. I'm going to add, a phfewww, I've Survived too. It's been a roller coaster year.

It's my first Thanksgiving away from home. Wonder if at this age and stage of life I can claim a freshman 15. I doubt after age 50 anyone would believe it though. Maybe I'll just claim a new appreciation of all things familiar.

Even the dogs have new nicknames this year. Reno has dubbed them with Indian names. After many walks together Mr. Hanky is called Two Poops and Mick is called Sniffing Butts. So far, I haven't been named Squaw-That-Bitches-Alot. Or, Rivers of Tears. But I digress.

Hank takes not only one ritual poop per walk, but two. Hence, Two Poops. Mick sometimes walks slightly behind Hank and appears to be sniffing his butt. Not for the poop I hope. The good thing about where we live is that there are several trash companies, so someone always has a can on the curb that we can deposit the two poops in. Life is good.

So there you have it. A pause, with the paws, on this day to celebrate. I hope you have as much to give thanks for as I do. And may you always have an extra bag to pick it up with.

No comments: