Friday, February 26, 2010

Fine Line

There is a fine line between many things.  For example, the ridiculous to the sublime.  From right and wrong, from sane and insane.  Many things are fine and many times we walk the line.  Other times we draw a line, or stand in line.  So many ways to view life. 

Right now we have three dogs and some other critters in the house.  Okay, as much as I hate to say it, we have a mouse in the house.  Maybe more than one?  Who knows, but I don't much care for it.  It's our fault for providing such a appetizing buffet for this little critter.  And truly, I know it's probably been a rough winter for the mice as much as for man. 

Now Hank was astute enough to give me a visual clue of where the mouse was.  He didn't, however, feel like trying to catch it.  Hate to break it to Hank, but I can stand in the corner and cock my head sideways listening for little scrambling noises too. Although he does look infinitely cuter when he does it! 

Traps have been set and placed safely away from nosy pointer noses.  One hostage has been taken so far - whoohoo.  A warning to the little critters, your days are numbered.  Your last meal will be served with a side of peanut butter.  Although part of me loaths hurting any animal, the rest of me is fine with it.  Line up little mouse the good treats are behind the furnace. 

1 comment:

Janicekg said...

Just be thankful they're not rats!