Sunday, February 21, 2010

Move Over

In the last day Ms. Sophie has made surprising progress.  She visited me in the bathroom, in the master bed room, and up on the sofa.  Pretty impressive, I know!  Of course I balance that with the reality that she also barked at the door stop, the computer cable and the cabinet door left partly ajar.   She's not all rocket scientist.  But, then neither am I.   Shhhhh, don't tell anyone that.

I did have to tell Hank move over and make room for Sophie on the sofa.  He wasn't exactly thrilled with that.  There is room on the sofa for me and three pointers.  Just not if they all want right next to me.  Hank only wants right next to me (leaning, pressing, pushing) like there is some umbilical cord linking us.  Mickey is more I'll be down at the end snoozing, with one eye he checks to see if I'm there, and that's good enough for him.  Sophie, aka AnySuddenMoveSophie, wanted to be there, but was in the up on the sofa, down on the floor, up on the sofa, oh, should I really be there?, down on the floor mode. 

Made me ponder all the times in life we have to move.  Move over and make room, move forward, move back, move up, move before we're ready, move on, make a move.   Some moves are based on trust, some are fear based.  Some moves are filled with faith. 

Sophie's move was way greater than the distance from the floor to the sofa.  Moves towards love usually are. 

No comments: