Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Bob

Dear Robert Nelson - May I call you Bob?  I read your column in today's Omaha World-Herald.  I'm certain you probably don't feel like a hero, or a man of strength and wisdom.  But, may I say you are.

The last three months are a journey I am certain you never dreamed you'd take.  No one chooses a quick trip to hell and back. It probably doesn't even feel like it was quick.   My guess is that you have a million regrets.  Many people have regrets, most never take the chance to rectify them. 

Your boss, and the big Guy upstairs gave you some incredible gifts.  The gift of second chances.  I trust your wife and family are healing from the trauma and rallying by your side.  Wow, as I read of your journey, the choices you made, the help you've received I am amazed.  Everything went wrong, and now everything is back on track to being right.  That is not to say I don't realize how incredible this journey is, was and will be. 

But, and as I always say, there is a but......you found your way.  That alone is worthy.  None would chose to be in your shoes, but all of us can benefit from your walk in life.  Thank you for sharing it with the hope that it may help others suffering from mental health issues.

Dear Bob - I wish you the best.  You did good.

No comments: