Saturday, February 13, 2010

Moving Right Along

At first, you had to coax Ms. Sophie out of her crate.  Okay, sometimes it was a outright challenge to get her out of her crate.  Sometimes she still hides out in there.  But when I head upstairs to the office, these days she's passing me on the stairs and beating me into the room.  Now in some ways under my desk is like another crate for her.  Still she's choosing to be with me/us instead of the solitude of her crate.  Baby steps, I'm seeing baby steps.

This morning, as I was loving up on her while she was under my desk, her tail was wagging like she didn't have a worry in the world.  You gotta love when a dog forgets their fears enough to just be a dog again.

Dog's in their natural state are warmth personified, or should I say canine-ified.  What a blessing, for dogs and humans, to be able to get out of their brain enough to just exist and be happy.  It is what we are all looking for - simple coexistence.  It's trusting enough to release a thousand fears.  It's letting go and letting Dog, or God for that matter.  It's simply being, and being simple.  It's moving right along....just like Sophie is doing.

Hypothetically speaking, when was the last time you let go enough to let your tail wag?  If it's been a while take a couple baby steps in that direction right now.  You'll do fine.

No comments: