Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creature Comforts

There is something so comforting about working on the computer with the sounds of dogs gnawing on toys in the background. Some folks listen to classical music for that peaceful easy feeling. Ha! Not me.

This mornings entertainment provided by Sophie. Let me draw a picture for you. All three dogs up and at 'em at 6am. Out to the yard, in for breakfast. Fifteen minutes of pet me, pet me, pet me. No, pet me first, no pet me, no it's my turn, no pet me, pet me, pet me. Now, not quite an hour later. Mickey and Hank are fast asleep on the sofa. Sophie is laying in between them with a toy to chew on.

Ahhhhh, gentle gnawing. Well, with an occasional grumble from Mick as Sophie bothers him as he tries to sleep. Gentle gnawing. One must love a dog that plays well alone. Gentle gnawing, on an appropriate toy. Even better!!

Gentle gnawing followed by a little grooming. Not a bad way to start the morning. True, true it would be nicer to begin this routine at say 8am rather than 6am. But such is life.

Gnawing, gentle gnawing....followed by a sigh of intense satisfaction....and then silence as all three dogs settle for their morning nap. Sigh....such comfort from these wonderful creatures. Yes, life is good.

No comments: