Monday, June 28, 2010

Seven Degrees

I'd have to say the canine world has less than seven degrees of separation.

Recent travels took me to Dallas. I'd asked coworkers if they had ever met someone they knew in an airport while traveling. No one I asked had. Now, I can't technically say I have, but I met someone who know's someone I haven't met!

You may be surprised to read that I struck up conversation with a couple sisters in the airport in Dallas. I'm a friendly sort, perhaps it's my midwestern upbringing. Maybe it's because I'm a chatty Cathy. Or, it could be several years of having a work station right next to a public bathroom taught me to talk to just about anyone.

So in this conversation one of the ladies mentions she's from Spencer, IA. Small world. I "know" two people in Spencer, IA. One is a nephew, and one is a crazy dog lady. Pretty funny, me knowing a crazy dog lady. Except I don't really "know" her. But we trade some emails and have moved some dogs together. That qualifies us as next of kin.

The gal from Spencer, doesn't really know my Spencer friend either. But she works with another crazy dog lady who volunteers with my "friend". May I just say - small world!

I think this qualifies as meeting someone I know in an out-of-town airport. It's close enough. It's funny where a little conversation and a total love of dogs will take you. Yesterday it took me to a city I've never been to with friends I have yet to meet. Cool, huh?

No comments: