Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Travel Time

It's that time of year for me. A little pleasure travel, a lot of business travel. I'm gonna blink and the month will be over.

Here is the deal. I hate leaving the dogs. I particularly hate leaving Sophie. She just does better when I am around. She is less stressed, she eats better, she paces less. And to think she will be left for days (emphasis on the complete drama of that) with...duhduhduhhhhhh...with The Scary Man.

I can just imagine her saying "No, Momma, not the Scary Man".

I can just imagine him saying "No, Sophie, I'm not a Scary Man".

Mick and Hank might say "hey, where's the crazy dog lady?" "Oh well, as long as the food bowls get filled we'll be fine".

The bowls will get filled, and the dogs well cared for in my absence. I will worry, Sophie will worry, and Scary Man will wonder how he got left holding the bag. Life is just like that.

Maybe, Sophie will find the time with him a trust building experience. Sometimes what appears to be a horrible situation works out for the best. Many times things aren't as bad as we anticipate. Yes, dare I say, there are times that come out way, way better than we expect.

I want that for Sophie. Heck, I want that for all of us.

No comments: