Thursday, June 10, 2010

Garages

Most people consider garages to be fairly stationary areas. You have your standard one car, or two car garage. If you're living large you might have a three car garage.

Car's go in, and go out. Well, in some homes they do. Since Reno moved here, the garage has taken on a whole new life. It is no longer stationary. In fact, it is a work in progress. Usually, for maybe 2-3 months of the year we actually park in it. Mind you it's a two car garage. He has stuff in it, I have stuff in it. The dogs have stuff too, but way less than the rest of us.

The garage experiences an enormous amount of ebb and flow. This is a whole new concept for me. I would have to say, the contents of the garage get rearranged more than sofa's at Nebraska Furniture Mart. I'm not complaining - just making an observation.

There are seasons in our garage. Hunting season, camping season, its bloody cold and I'm tired of scraping windows season, patio pot planting season, lets trade out refrigerator season. So many possibilities. And while a couple of our neighbors entertain in their garages it's safe to say that will never happen in our garage.

I guess you could say one must go through periods of disorganization to achieve organization. I have high hopes for our garage. It's only a matter of time.

No comments: