Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Queenie To Make Tracks

We knew when we agreed to foster the puppies that they would have a short time with us. That was a PRO, and at the same time, it was a CON. Puppies get adopted fast - that is good news and bad news all at once.

Queenie has an adoption pending now. Just yesterday I said I was tired of puppies, and now today I'm singing another tune. I'm just never satisfied am I? I love that she has a new home to get ready for. I hate that she's leaving. Sophie will miss her morning playmate. Mick will get to relax some and Hank can quit being such an old grump-a-lufagus. Truth is I never tire of puppies, but I may be tired in general. That's not Queenie-bo-beanie's fault!

She has been well loved and well socialized. But dang the luck, I never got to have the Puppy Open House/Cocktail Party/Soup Supper I wanted to in honor of the puppies. Work gets in the way of everything.

Maybe, just maybe, if we have another week or so before she moves East we will get that scheduled. Who doesn't like a puppy fix? Who wouldn't love a puppy cuddle during the gray winter months? Who's up for a little fur and sustenance? I am.

No comments: