Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good Thing She's Cute

I have come to the conclusion that Sophie was a nocturnal animal in another life with the propensity to forage. I have physical evidence to prove it. Reno is not gonna be happy when he sees it. Well, I'm not happy either, but I should have gotten up. However, the enticement of a soft pillow and warm covers temporarily paralyzed me.

I will completely own that her needs for exercise are not being met. She needs those puppies back here to play with, warm days so she can play in the yard, or at least some live in playmates who are not slugs on the sofa.

This is the part of fostering that is discouraging. We are celebrating (in a tongue in cheek way) her one year anniversary with us. She has made so much progress, and yet, still needs so much work. She is the most challenging of foster dogs. You wonder if you are doing enough, if you will ever see her well adjusted, "normal" and adopted! You wonder how to cover the hole in the chair.

But, in all things give we must give thanks......that she's safe, not hungry or alone and that she's so darned cute.

No comments: