Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Good to be King


Being King, I can only imagine, does have its perks. It's probably a pain in the patoot sometimes, but even little guys have to deal with that too. I have to laugh at Mr. Hanky. Obviously he aspires to new heights to survey his kingdom.

He is one of those dogs who enjoys his yard. He will settle there in the sun and absorb all that goes on around him. I have to admire this ability. He is not frantic, not running hither and yon. Maybe Sophie exhausts him I don't know. But, he is at peace and observant. Wow...I wish all of us more moments like this. Heck, let's string a bunch of them together and watch those stress levels drop!

Yesterday I was out tossing toys for the dogs. First for Sophie although she has no concept of retrieving and releasing. Yes, I know these are pointers we are talking about. Still I dig it when she plays uninhibited and forgets to be a scardy cat. Hank, however, has a very sweet retrieve and release. He also has a new card up his sleeve.

He decided to play keep away from Sophie. Sometimes possession is not enough. Hank added the element of elevation by taking the toy and climbing up on the air conditioning unit. This time of year, while the unit is covered, it works. During the summer when the unit kicks on I'm certain Mr. Hanky will be in for a rude awakening.

I have to laugh at this silly pointer boy, and admire his ingenuity. I'm certain I heard him saying na-na-na-boo-boo. I'm the King, I'm higher than you! You make a good King Hanky, and I'm honored to be your servant.

No comments: