Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pink Paisley

Awwww, that title just evokes thoughts of cute little girls, soft hair...errr, fur. Freckles, innocence, femininity. Ya, you just keep dreaming that dream.

Truth is, a certain foster dog will be pooping pink paisley flannel today. So much for cute and innocent. So much for my favorite flannel nightgown. Hello to my new favorite flannel dust rag. Thank you Sophie....you little nocturnal bitch.

For every mental scolding I've given her, and will give her every time I use my new favorite flannel rag, I'm giving myself one too. I know her, and I know better. But I couldn't release myself from the warm cozy covers, the magnetism of the comfy bed, the lure of the sand man. In my defense I barked out a few "go lay downs". Although the words may have been slurred and groggy. Perhaps she thought I said go get a cozy flannel blanket that smells just like Mommy, take a few chunks out of it and then lay down. Yep, I'm sure that's what she heard. That's exactly what she did.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Awww Sophie you silly girl! We have what we call "sock shrapnel" all over the yard because of Lucy's favorite "treats" :-)

N. Bachmann said...

Lol - sock shrapnel - great terminology!