Saturday, March 19, 2011

Random Thots


If I didn't have dogs, part of me would be missing. Perhaps that is why God leads me to so many dogs - opportunities to be a more me. Me is good.

There is something so comforting about a dog, or dogs (animals), snoozing at your feet. Even when they break wind (thanks Hank) they bring comfort. And truthfully, is there anyone out there who couldn't use a little more comfort?

My daughter has informed me that her next pet will be a tortoise. At least she'll be able to catch it if it gets away from her. Quite unlike the pointers who have given us a run for our money several times.

Sophie wants you to know she's come so far she is bordering on normal. I don't think she'll completely cross over, but she's made so much progress it is amazing. It doesn't seem like we've done much, and yet we've done oodles. Or perhaps we were just the conduit to healing for her. What a blessing to be able to do that. Now, I must also give credit to Hank and Mickey for her transformation. They were/are role models for Sophie. I'm sure that headline would read "Two Dufus Boys Work Miracle".

And lastly, thank God for daylight savings time. For the extra light, the warmer weather, the dogs playing in the yard. Light, warmth, play - it's all good. Ahhhhh...

No comments: