Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chocolate Raspberry Coffee

I have a confession to make. I like flavored coffee. Reno - not so much, but he indulges me on this. I like flavored coffee with flavored creamer. Yup, I'm one of those people.

We, I, he, not sure which of us bought a bag of Chocolate Raspberry flavored coffee. One would have thought it would be another adventure in coffee consumption pleasure. Except, neither one of us really like it. It does get bonus points for fragrance. It is highly fragrant. But the taste, again, not so pleasing to us.

In fact, if Jesus had our bag of Chocolate Raspberry Coffee there would have been no need for the loaves and the fishes. Unless of course they too didn't like it, then no amount of loaves or fishes would have pacified them.

This bag of coffee has lasted forever. Literally, figuratively, biblically. It goes on and on. We should have dumped it in the compost pile a couple weeks ago. But no, the watchful consumer in us does not want to waste it. The early morning caffeine addict in us thinks we are nuts. We keep buying some "good" coffee and using up that. Then we'll brew another pot of the Chocoraspberry crap when we run out. Immediately we remember to put coffee on the list.

If find this all disturbing. Even more than the taste of this coffee, I am dismayed we don't like it. We love the components of these beans. Coffee - good. Chocolate - even better. Raspberries - delicious. And yet, somehow the end result is way less than the sum of it's parts.

Life is sometimes the best cup of Joe there is, and sometimes it's a bag of coffee that just never ends. Either way, it's interesting. Maybe I shall have to take drastic measures to get rid of the remaining coffee. I think I read somewhere coffee grounds were good for the roses. If that is true I'll be in the garden first thing tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Nancy - try using french vanilla flavored cream in that chocolate raspberry and see if it improves the flavor ... I had some and it helped but eventually I tossed the coffee too ... Dave doesn't like flavored coffee and doesn't use flavored cream so I thought it best to just toss it!!