Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dog-servations - aka random dog thots

Just when you think you have seen all the really gross things a dog can do they come up with one more. And while I can't complain, because it involved no clean up for me, I do have to laugh at the disgusting nature of it. If you are sitting down to breakfast as you are reading this, you may want to push your plate away.

Let me set the scene. Feeding time at the zoo involves four bowls with certain combinations of foods. The dogs wait somewhat patiently for the process to unfold. Kobe and Hank get their bowls first, then Maddie and Mick. Maddie has to sit and Mick has to be in a down position and wait for release. This morning as Maddie was waiting for Mick to get into position she horked up the yellow frothy stuff. Not uncommon for her as she has a bit of a tender tummy. This is the first time she's horked it into her food bowl. May I just say gross, gross and more gross! I was ever so happy to say, not my dog Reno, you deal with it. Actually, even grosser, Maddie took care of it. Yes, dogs are gross.

On a less revolting note, we are learning something new about Mr. Hanky. He is becoming a cold weather wimp. The last two mornings have been deliciously cool. Hank prefers not to leave the warmth of the house first thing in the morning when the others head out to piddle. Given the choice outside or inside, he races for his crate. I'm sure he's saying....no, really, I can hold it a lot longer......let me know when it's about 60 degrees.....I'll just be in my crate with my legs crossed.

And a little follow-up on Reno. Blessedly he has made almost a complete recovery. We see the neurologist tomorrow. His "illness" is still undiagnosed, but what matters is he has recovered. Thankfully, of so thankfully we rejoice in that. In many ways it has been a wake up call for us. Wake up calls, while often rude and surprising, bring with them graces and new opportunities.

In light of all our blessings, a little chilly weather and some dog vomit are pretty small potatoes. Sending you happy tails and happy trails on the road of life. And God Bless.

2 comments:

Kyla Duffy said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and was wondering if your dogs are rescues. If they are, we'd love to read some stories about them at Happy Tails Books - we're publishing books to raise awareness of, and funding for rescue.

Hope to hear from you!
Woof,
Kyla http://happytailsbooks.com

N. Bachmann said...

Kyla - sent you an email, please let me know if you receive it. I am most interested and yes, my dogs are rescues!!!