Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Best

I've been noticing the way I eat. Well, lately, I've wanted to eat everything in sight, but stress will do that to me.

I live by the last best bite theory. Maybe everyone does this. I don't know. I do know my last bite of anything is selectively chosen to be the best bite. For example if the choice was steak and potato's, the last bite would be steak. Or whatever the "best" is of the mix. One more chance to savor things....yummmm.

This would explain why if someone takes the last bite I would feel a huge rant coming on. Don't mess with my food, and don't take the last bite. I've worked hard to structure my meal so the best is left for last.

We do that, we save the best for last. This would account for the whole idea of dessert. Saving the best for last. Mom's especially will give the best to their kids, and then take what remains. Dogs are not like that at all. All they have to give is their best, and they do it day in and day out. Wish I was more dog-like in that aspect.

Think about your last best....... Is it food? Is it self care? Is it given with the joy of our beloved pets? We never know when our last best will be. Make it spontaneous, make it special, make it really nummy.

No comments: