Monday, May 31, 2010

Paper Trail

My blog is a paper trail of my life. It's sometimes a slippery slope, sometimes a walk in the park, sometimes a belly aching laugh, other times a tough row to hoe, always a canine extravaganza.

Trouble is it's not really a "paper" trail, and I've been neglectful at printing it out to make it one. Case in point, I wrote a lot of blogs on another site that has since been dissolved. Hmmmmm, there is no going back. No way to get those blogs, that trail came to an end.

Rather naive of me to just assume I could always get to them. Truth be told I probably never gave it a thought. I'm like that at times. Wrapped up in the day-to-day and not thinking down the road. Rather ironic, most times we live in the future and forget the present.

Not like they are the lost art of van Gogh, or unrecorded music of Michael Jackson. They don't represent a fortune, unless somewhere down the road I hit it big. At present I'm not holding my breath.

But it makes me sad, because I should have and I didn't. And now I can't. Words on paper. My words. my trail thanks to all the experiences of dogs, life, loss, laughter and love. I'll take better care of them. Lesson learned.

No comments: