Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Setting Goals

I realize most people set goals on New Years Eve or New Years Day, but I'm just getting a round to it. I am either one month late, or 11 months early on doing this. Not sure which and don't want to jinx it by analyzing it too much.

Some people makes lists (of goals) but I want to make the list. Yup, I'd like to be on the list of top 50 blogs in Omaha. Actually the top 25 would be even more of a kick. However, maybe the goal should less local and more national. Heck, why stop there, let's go international.

I'm wondering if I can set up a "go vote for" link for my blog. Dog lovers and life enthusiasts could visit and "like" my blog. Oh wait, it sounds like I'm just setting up a Facebook page. But I digress...

Perhaps I should just take the "if you write it, they will come" approach to this. It worked in Field of Dreams, it can work here too. In narrowing my focus even more, perhaps as long as I write the rest doesn't matter. It will happen or it won't happen. If it does, it's gravy or whipped topping - your choice on the garnish.

So there.....I set a goal and then eliminated it all in one fell swoop. The dogs are napping and I will too. Now that is a worthy goal.

No comments: