Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fruits and Veggies

I learn a lot from the dogs. In fact, they are my best role models. Kindness, you bet. Humor? They make me laugh every day. Forgiveness....I can only hope to forgive and forget as easily as they do.

They have been known to be food opportunists. Not that I'm complaining. We have been lucky with that over the years. A few cases of counter surfing, one money hungry Labrador, a little springer who snatched a sandwich off my plate while I answered the door (little minx)! A pointer who helped himself to the fruitcake while Reno and I were gazing at the fireplace.

Yesterday was the case of the missing Kiwi fruit. While cooking dinner I heard Mr. Hanky snarfing something down. He was quite intent in his consumption. I was amazed he found something edible. When I got him to give it to me he had 1/2 of a kiwi fruit in his mouth. Huh?? Where did you get this?? He pleaded the fifth. How can this be? Well, it was there...I ate it. It was yummy. Can I have the other half back?

Now I honestly don't know where he got it from. I remember buying one, in an attempt to eat more fruits and veggies. But I don't remember it in the fridge, or on the counter. I certainly don't remember knocking it off the counter and onto the floor. Either way Hank seized the Kiwi. And he liked it skin and all.

Perhaps, next trip to the store I'll buy two. One for each of us.

No comments: