Sunday, December 25, 2011

Long Journey's


Journeys often begin with a plan and a destination, this one also included a wing and a prayer. Well, several wings, many prayers and lots of hope. It involves a small English Pointer puppy who needed a chance to find a forever home. Dogs in shelters everywhere need that chance. Puppies often have a better chance just because of their cuteness factor (CF). I'm all for the CF, play that card whenever you can in life.

This pup hitched a ride, with 3 different volunteer pilots, on December 23 to fly from euthanization in a rural shelter in Tennessee to Great Plains Pointer Rescue in Nebraska. She was met with open arms and a news crew from a local TV station. Not a bad start.

Her transport name is SnowFlake. But maybe we should name her Puparazzi. Of course, Taz, Spaz and Flake come to mind also. She is a bit of a wild thing. In a -oh what is that, can I see that, look at me go, watch me run kind of way. Her reflection in the window is cause for barking. The glass in the front door was a complete revelation to her. She thinks twice about running into the door now.

Now doubt she has a zillion questions. What is a plane, what is a leash, where do I pee, why did I bounce off the front door, what is toy, where do I sleep, why does Hank growl at me? What can I chew on, why do I have the attention span of gnat, what is a crate, are tv remotes edible, how fast can I run up the stairs....you get my drift.

So many questions from a little pup on a journey. So many second chances, so many people willing to help. And the saga continues. Santa may bring gifts in his sleigh, but God delivers gifts via volunteer pilots.

Merry Christmas little Snowflake, let the fun begin.

No comments: