Monday, July 20, 2009

Bling Me

I am not a complete girly girl, but I do love my bling. I rarely get manicures or pedicures, but mostly that is a financial restraint. But I do love my bling.

There is just something about sparkly jewelry that I can't resist. I've been going through my Mom's jewelry and frankly I'm hooked. There are not many antique pieces, but lots of collectible retro rhinestone pieces.

Funny how I (perhaps we) let jewelry define us. I always check out other women's jewelry and diamonds. I may get consignment clothes, but I'll drop some bucks on jewels. And actually, I make quite a few of my own pieces. It's just the way I am. I am all about accessories.

I never used to be this way, I generally wore just diamond studs. I was quiet, compliant and without an opinion. Of course, I never used to have dogs either, now I have four. Perhaps it's just part of the process of finding the real me and what makes me tick! That would be dogs, diamonds, bling, lots of bling. Laughter, faith, self expression, and, oh yes, did I mention bling?

I like sparkle, and hopefully, I sparkle too.

No comments: