Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two Great Loves

I bet you thought this blog was going to be a juicy expose about, you guessed it, two great loves. I can't promise juicy, but I can write about Hank's passion for two things.

I always ponder, and wonder, about my fosters former life. With Hank, he knew all about crate training, knew how to do stairs, so I think he lived inside. Whatever his previous experience, he throws himself wholeheartedly into life with us.

If I had four legs (and lately it seems I could use them) I would be Hank's soul mate. We all should be as passionate about those we love as Hank is. Hank's bliss is to be at my side, touching if at all possible. His other love is to run in the yard. He goes out the door like a thoroughbred from the gate. His yard is his castle, his throne is a shady place under the tree where he curls up to nap.

Such a simple lesson. Such a profound challenge. Find your loves, wholeheartedly embrace them. Hank does, and it is such an honor to be one of them.

No comments: