Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sleepy Time

One would think lately that at bed time I'd drop in my tracks. Wouldn't it be lovely if that were the case. Of late, even though my body is tired, my brain won't shut off. It more than makes up for the times I seem to operate without one at all. It's a vicious circle - body tired, brain active. Brain tired, body achy (it sucks getting old I tell you.) Body and brain too tired to relax. Body tired, brain exhausted, temperature (read madly fluctuating inside) unbearable. I know where my bed is I just can't drift off to la-la-land peacefully.

On the other hand, Hammerin Hank is learning about the joys of not being crated at night. Of course, last night was the first night, so perhaps I'm premature about celebrating this success. He settled in the office on the blanket by my desk. He didn't make a peep until 6am when he vaulted on the bed to see if we were awake. There was no subtle sniffing at the side of the bed. Hank the Tank was sounding revelry.

Tonight, the first time I went to bed, he tried to tip toe his way in bed with us. But his overtures were declined like an unwelcome suitor. He only asked twice and got the message. Off he went to his place in the office. Close enough to keep an eye on us. Comfy enough for sweet doggie dreams.

Maybe now I'll be able to settle in and drift off to sleep. I'll just think happy dog thoughts and remind myself that all will be well, all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

No comments: