Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Possessed

Oh late, we've discovered Mr. Hanky is possessed. Surprisingly it's not by birds or rabbits. No, only a lemon head would be possessed by tomato plants!! I've been noticing the tell tales signs on a schnozzle that is nosing around the tomato plants. Kobe used to do it, now Hank has taken over for him. He comes in with green on his nose and forehead. I thought it was rather amusing. Until today when he began picking the tomato's from the plants. Now, it's not very freaking amusing. I found almost a dozen tomato's pulled from the vine and nibbled on. Let me tell you this, no pup messes with my tomato's!!! Oh yes, I'll be watching to catch him in the act, and protective fencing will be on this weekends chores list. The season of BLT's, pesto, salsa, tomato's w/fresh basil and mozzarella is way to short to share this crop. Not even with a cutie, albeit a possessed cutie, like the Hankster.

Speaking of possessed. I've encountered a woman at the nursing home my Mom is a couple times. She is usually waiting in the doorway of the chapel. I'm thinking she's a resident. She beckons you in and proclaims she's an evangelist. Today she called me in and offered me a blessing. Okay, so here's the deal. Number one, if she is a patient who is slightly (or perhaps more) delusional maybe that is not such a bad delusion to have. Number two, who among us has so many blessings that they would turn down an extra one. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I got my blessing. Perhaps she was delighted to have a live one to minister to. And maybe, just maybe, a blessing is a blessing is a blessing. She may not be ordained, or who knows, maybe she is. But, possessed or not, she had grace to offer, and I was a person in need.

No comments: