Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 3 - no dog contact....

....I think I have the shakes.  Day 1, not exceedingly difficult.  Day 2, feeling a sense loss and longing.  Day 3....I'm wondering if I'll make it.  Somehow calling home and asking about the dogs is not fulfilling my canine companionship needs. 

By now they are relishing the extra space in the bed.  By now, I'm thinking extra space in the bed is highly overrated.  Word has it they are sleeping in every morning.  They never ever do that when I am home. 

By tomorrow I will be searching out products at market that are dog related so I can at least see the resemblance of a dog.  By the way, I do miss Reno too, but I don't have any burning desire to pet other men like I have the urge to pet other dogs.  That's a good thing too!  My deep sense of monogamy does not, however, relate to dogs at all.  Always good to keep one's priorities straight.

The saving grace is that in three days I will get to meet a Pointer Rescue volunteer who resides here in Texas, and get a dog fix at the same time.  Phffewwww....just in the nick of time I'm thinking.  I know I shouldn't complain.  I'm just away on business, it's not like I've been deployed for a long period of time.  I'm just crazy about dogs and get even more crazy when I'm not around them.

So if you are at home tonight give those pups some extra loving from me.  For right now, I'll be living vicariously through you.   Until I can get home to Mick and Mr. Hanky next week.

1 comment:

Janicekg said...

I don't know how you do it. I'd be going crazy for sure by now. Have a safe return home.