Sunday, September 12, 2010

Coffee Challenged

In a house where coffee rules, I am coffee challenged. Sure, I've known this for a while. Face it, my Granny put milk in her tea. That probably sealed the deal for me long, long ago.

I'm embarrassed to say I had an out-of-town house guest ask for directions to a local coffee house so she could get a decent cup of coffee. Reno, bless his heart, indulges my coffee preferences. Even though he likes his hot, thick, black, and 24/7 he will make flavored coffee for me.

In all honesty, his flavored coffee is way stronger than my flavored coffee. Being the pansy I am, I also add sugar and flavored creamer to mine. I know, all of Seattle is hurling at the thought of this. Plus it just isn't right unless it's in a pretty cup. The mish mash of sports mugs just doesn't cut it for me.

I discovered something else this morning. Not only do I like my coffee in equal parts, as described above, I usually only drink 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup. The rest I just carry around like a security blanket. It goes room to room with me, sometimes getting reheated. I just know in some third world country a poor soul would cut off his right arm for half a cup of good coffee. That half a cup, of course, being in my cup.

Many would claim I am desecrating good coffee. I beg to differ. I would bet if we put two cups of coffee on the floor, the dogs would drink mine before they would drink Reno's. They would drink mine and say "please, Mum, may we have some more". That extra half a cup of coffee would come in handy then.

No comments: