Monday, September 20, 2010

A Dime

If I had a dime for every time I got up to let dogs in or let dogs out, I'd be living in a large country house on a lake near the mountains with not one, but two doggy doors.

Suffice it to say I make the trip the the door a bazillion times a year. And that is a conservative estimate. Honestly, I should be a lot thinner than I am for just that reason.

I should be thinner, and the carpet should have worn out. The door should have had to be replaced and I've probably worn the soles off of approximately 30 pair of shoes. I'm amazed the steps havent collapsed and the handle broken on the door. Seriously a toll booth at the door - the idea has merit.

Most the time I go cheerfully to the door. Sometimes I admit I go begrudgingly. Other times I drag my weary butt to the door and barely have enough energy to whistle. All this said - I'm not really complaining. Just making an observation. ......just now I jumped up to go let Sophie in. Silly diva was out barking at something in the dark. Evidently I was too comfortable in my chair blogging away.

Letting them in and out, is part of the deal the dogs and I have. I wouldn't trade all the dimes in the world for them, so I guess I'll just keep doing what I do - for the doggies.

No comments: