Thursday, September 2, 2010

Addictions

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... got you thinking? It has been suggested that I am addicted to Face Book. In fact, Reno has said more than once he is a FB widower. I'm not sure I can argue that, but the fact remains I must.

If that is true, and I am owning nothing at this point, he is also a canine widower. Because he often has to wade over or through dogs to get to me. Is this a bad thing - no!!

Basically, FB is my version of TV without the noise. It is the equivalent of football season all year round. It doesn't require brackets, playoffs or lines, ref's or overtime. Well, maybe just a bit of OT.

It keeps me connected, grounded and up-to-date. There are worse things I could be addicted too. Not saying I am, just saying there are worse things. I could be addicted to any one of a number of things that cost money, or waste money as the case may be. At least if I drink and play on FB I'm not a menace to society.

In my defense, I'm not on FB playing Farmville, or any other of the plethora of mind numbing games. I can walk away from it any time I want. Dang, it's hard to type that without laughing..... I could, really I could. But I probably wouldn't be gone long. Maybe it's really a good thing - who doesn't like to be connected to others? Well some people don't. Frankly I wonder about them.

So, if one had to define me they could say I'm a crazy dog lady, a foodie, a bling lover, a gardening fool, and a FB junkie. Sure, they could say it....and they may be right.

No comments: