Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mental

So many ways I could start this blog. Sophie goes Mental. Nancy attempts to improve Mental capabilities. Mental activity is painful. I Meant to get more done, but All I did was ponder it.

Some people might say we are stuck in inactivity. I maintain we're doing the mental preparation. Part of that process is thanksgiving, another is acceptance, the rest is planned out one baby step at a time.

So lets apply this to the dogs. We are so blessed to have Sophie and Hank with us. Sophie has made light years of progress, Hank has brought light years of joy. Not that Sophie doesn't bring joy, she just does it in a nutcase little way. We've accepted them as they are, which allows them to move forward to new levels. Seriously, who could ask for more lovable foster dogs? Then there is Mickey. Before we adopted him, I was informed he was just the coolest dog ever. You will get no argument from me on that.

Place this same filter on life. We are so thankful the Reno has joined the ranks of the employed again. He's delighted, excited and I love seeing that. We've accepted its not perfect, but it's workable. He works in one city and I in another. Still we are grateful. And, we are doing the mental preparation to get us both in the same city again. It will require moving.

For a while I was a wee bit mental about that decision. Now it's getting easier. We're doing the mental preparation and will follow it up with baby steps in that direction. Not that I won't has some seriously mental moments. But, I/we have made a conscious decision this will be a good thing. With anything, how you choose to respond is more than half the battle.

No comments: