Friday, February 11, 2011

Sophie Goes to Camp

Going to camp brings back all sorts of memories for me. Of course the ratio of good memories to bad is a little skewed. But, that's a whole other blog.

Sophie got to go to Camp Bow Wow yesterday for her first visit to doggy day care. I know! I'm so proud! I feel like I've launched a little canine debutante into the big new world.

Actually, for Sophie it probably is a whole new world. At least, an active new world. Hopefully with playmates who aren't old farts like Mick and Hank tend to be. I will admit to being nervous about leaving her there. True to form she left a hefty (really hefty) deposit on the floor to show she was nervous. Thankfully, I had the social graces not to display my nervousness this way.

It is another step for this little girl in finding her forever home. Kudos to Camp Bow Wow for supporting rescue programs and making this possible. Getting report cards amuses the heck out of me, but I'm delighted she didn't need time out on her first day. Nor did she get thrown out. That always makes a Mom proud!

It's part of the process of helping Sophie find herself comfortable in the world. I'm thinking we could all use more of this in our lives. Friends, activity, structure, play time. Sign me up for some of that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! We are so happy we can help out!

Furry Regards,

The Camp Bow Wow Pack

Abbey O. said...

Sophie was in my play yard yesterday and did great! She's so adorable.

Cute blog!!

Unknown said...

What a cutie:) Glad she had a fun time at camp:) It is a fun place for sure:) I bet she was one pooped pup:)