Tuesday, February 22, 2011

CamperCams


Now that Sophie can add to her profile - attends doggy day care - I have a few comments to make. The first being about the use of CamperCams in facilities like this. I think they are awesome. Who wouldn't like to check in on their baby and see how they are doing while away at camp? Well, unless baby was huddling in the corner lost and forlorn. Not so with Sophie.

I didn't expect to check in on her so many times today while she was at Camp BowWow. But I did. I won't own how many times I looked. It's a need to know thing. But this is what I saw. I saw Sophie going, going, going. Going in circles, zig zags, around, behind, up to the fence to see how tall it really is. Then I saw her going in circles, zig zags, around, behind and you guessed it, up to the fence again. And again, and again. After a while I checked carefully to see if it wasn't just one loop of film over and over again. It wasn't!

Eventually I noticed the other dogs laying down to rest. First one, then two, then more and more. But, not so with Sophie. Careful consideration of this leads me to one indisputable truth. The other dogs grew weary by Sophie's activity. Those dogs must be completely exhausted. Believe me I know how they feel.

So here is the deal, dog owners should pay me to send Sophie to camp with them. Those dogs would get socialization, physical exercise and the bonus of Sophie's activity literally wearing them down. Then those owners could view their dog's via CamperCams and know that thanks to Sophie they will have tired dogs, or dogs that are dog tired.

No comments: