Friday, August 14, 2009

In Context

Funny how when taken in context things sound one way, and in reality it's completely different.

We talk about "morning people" as opposed to being a "night person". Hank, for example is a morning dog. In context, one might find that adorable. In reality, not so much. Perhaps he just has me well trained. A doggy door would be helpful, but then how would I train him to tell me he's going out to play at 4am?

Here is another one....some assembly required? Helloooo, some for whom? Some for the rocket scientists of the world, or some for your average Joe. What about the phrase "until death do us part". In the good times we hope this is way, way off in the distance. In the bad times, it sounds like a viable option.

How about this 24 hour day thing? Have you ever heard someone say, phfeww, I had just enough hours today to get everything done! Usually we don't have enough hours, or they are not moving fast enough, or they went too fast. Lately, I need about 30 hour days.

And yes, think about the unconditional love we get from our pets. Ever considered how much unconditional poop, or vet bills they give us too? You gotta love that.

And, what about disclaimers? The usually begin with 'caution' and end with, wow, I shoulda seen that one coming.

In context, or out, in good times or bad, day in and day out. Life should have a disclaimer that says...some patience and lots of prayer required. But then again, if we took that approach, we might not need the disclaimer.

As for my morning dog, Mr. Hanky. even though I don't want to drag myself out of bed to let him out. I will, because it's a small price to pay for his happiness.

No comments: