Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stubborn, Dirty and Attitude

Let me take three random thoughts and weave them into a blog.

I come from a long line of stubborn women. This is not news to Reno, but it should scare the bejeebers out of him. My Mom, with her health issues sets a new standard for stubbornness. Her heart is strong, her lungs are strong and her irritability quotient is off the charts. These are all good things! Unless you are a nurse trying to care for her.

Like me, patience is a dirty word for her. And attitude is a critical issue. With all her losses of independence and health she struggles each day. I feel for her. I feel frustrated that she is so critical. I try to find good things in her day but it falls on deaf ears.

Speaking of ears, I was cleaning the dogs ears tonight which also brings to mind the words dirty and stubborn. I don't mind cleaning ears, but I'm not known for being much of a cleaner. I don't mind brushing dogs either. I do mind that there is a dirty spot on the carpet waiting for me. But I'm patiently waiting for the energy to attack it. Right now the spot has all the attitude and I'm not up to a fight.

Speaking of attitude - I'd like some of Hank's. We should all leap for joy like he does. And run yipping in delight through our day like he does the yard. We should find our bliss like Maddie does with her ball. Find our comfort like Kobe is his special corner. Utilize our talents like Mickey hunting bugs in the shrubs.

Perhaps stubbornness is a strength if balanced with a positive attitude. That kind of patient tenacity moves mountains and breaks down walls. Sign me up for some of that.

No comments: