Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spa Day - part 2

Maddie had her spa day yesterday. Being the only female canine in our pack, I think that alone elevates her to a special status. And, face it, rank does have it's privileges. Okay, so she is also the only one who needs professional grooming. Tonight I go for a trim myself, I could use some grooming myself.

I hope my transformation is as dramatic as Maddies. She looked like an overgrown buffalo in the dead of winter. Underneath all the fur is an (almost) svelte English Springer Spaniel with markings that should make the pointer boys green with envy. She cleans up so good!

My guess is that my hair cut won't be as noticeable as hers. But, subtle or not, we do need those spa days! I used to schedule my appointments about as often as we do Maddie's. Which is usually way after my hair/her coat is long and over grown. I'm getting in more regularly these days, and I need to do the same for her.

Only thing left on the spa agenda is to clip Kobe's nails. Well, a massage and pedicure for me wouldn't hurt either. But, one thing at a time.....

No comments: