Thursday, May 13, 2010

Female Fosters, Undies and Life

Since Sophie is our first female foster it only stands to reason. So you, at this point are thinking, what stands to reason??? Well, the whole foster and lingerie situation. The male fosters had a thing for my undies, and Ms. Sophie seems to like those belonging to the Scary Man. Which is very ironic because she is afraid of the Scary Man. I can only pray acquainting herself with his socks and boxers will help her come to love him.

And may I just say, fosters are like children. No two are ever the same, even if you can prove they had the same parents! Each one challenges you to grow right along with them. To try new things, just when you thought you had all the smarts you needed from the previous experiences.

Life is like that too. Just when you think you have it figured out, you get an new challenge. This week I'm laughing at myself, I always swear I'll never have another puppy. Egad they are so much work. Well, Ms. Sophie is like a puppy these days. I've caught her on the coffee table, chewing on coasters and reconfiguring a remote control. Puppies, fosters, kids, jobs, relationships all require a certain diligence. Not to mention enormous amounts of flexibility.

Thanks to Sophie I'm way more diligent. Hopefully I'm smarter too, time will tell.

No comments: