Sunday, May 16, 2010

Things - people, dog and otherwise

Sometimes we forget some important things. Like that we are vibrant, strong, confident women. It still stresses me to go to family events where my exes family will all be there. Individually, they all hug me and we are delighted to catch up with one another. En mass, I get the willies and have to psyche myself up for those events. Silly, yes. Unnecessary, totally. Fact of life, uh huh. Even though I detest the phrase "it is what it is", that sums up this situation. So I take some extra time with my make up,hair, accessories, clothes, and then remind myself, I am good enough just the way I am. I am, I am, I am!

A bit about the dogs. Does anyone have dogs who graze in their patio pots? I learned long ago never to put lantana in my low pots. It only goes in the hanging baskets. Mr. Mick seems to have a taste for that, occasionally some zinnia's and now I've discovered he likes salvia. Hellooooo, get thee nose out of my patio pots you little bugger.

I've also noticed that when Mr. Hanky snuggles up next to me he purrs. Rather an odd thing for a dog to do, but completely endearing. He does it very softly, because I'm sure if the other dogs heard him he'd be teased insufferably. Bliss does have distinct sounds and Hank's purring is one of them.

It was brought to my attention that if we were naming Sophie right now, the name MissChief would be a good one for her. Truthfully, she's finding her way, building her confidence and testing us in the process. She reminds me of Sidney. It was always a challenge to get him crated. She has decided to crate up when she wants to, not on command. So it's a physical task to crate her. It's much like stuffing sausages. You have to line her up just so, move her gently yet firmly into her crate. Which reminds me to try sausage as a treat for her. We have yet to find any treat she is just gaga over. As someone very treat motivated myself I find this hard to fathom.

So there you have it. It's all a matter of confidence, faith, trust, treats and some flowers to make pretty the way. That is if Mick doesn't eat them all first. And, bliss, they say to find your bliss. I say listen for it too, it's a sweet purring sound that sometimes comes from unexpected places.

No comments: