Saturday, November 13, 2010

Boring Is in the Eye of the Beholder

I admit to looking as some other blogs lately. I've decided in comparison mine are quite tame, bordering on boring. There is no sex, drugs or rock-n-roll. Precious little swearing. A friend, also in rescue, leads a life parallel to mine. Her blog is way more colorful, in fact, if you need your hair curled I'd recommend her blog.

Perhaps I don't think in those extremes. I certainly don't speak in that way. I think that's a good thing. Her blog is perfect for her, and hopefully, mine is for me. I do admit to a little jealousy though. It takes a certain wit and talent to string a series of curse words together into a string of verbal pearls.

Maybe her approach to similar subject matter is more explosive because she doesn't take things in stride. Maybe mine is more tame because I do. Maybe I shouldn't even compare the two!

In my wildest dreams the dogs, and the blogs, lead me to publishing these verbal Tete-e-Tete's. In my more temperate dreams the blog has hundred's of followers and leads me to publication. In my mildest dreams they share my love of dogs, increase knowledge of rescue programs, promote some humor and garnish some comments.

Failing all that, I spend some time with the voices in my head that tell me to write. I think it's important to pay attention to the voices in my head. So write I do.

No comments: