Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello Beaches

It's countdown time until we jet off to sunshine and beaches. We are so excited! We are, sort of, lining things up. Laying out clothing - which is easy. It's fun to pack shorts when the weather is forcing your wardrobe into pants and sweatshirts. It's like thumbing your nose at Mother Nature.

The only hard part is leaving the pups. Admittedly I'm wondering if I will be able to get a doggy fix while I am gone. Sure hope so. In addition, I worry about leaving the dogs behind. They are like kids, except ones that can be crated if necessary. Naturally, I think they will only thrive if I am around! I know they won't go hungry, won't be starved for attention, won't wail and moan because we aren't the ones filling the dog bowls. They will have in home care, probably will get away with murder, and get extra goodies. Us being gone will be a vacation for them.

No doubt they are planning for it. Whohoo The Crazy Lady and Scary Man will be gone. The dog sitter is a wee bit naive about the house rules. Hehehehheeeee.....Mick is winking knowingly at Sophie. Let the fun begin! Give the sitter the sad eyed look and she'll fold! Extra treats, no coming when called, sleeping on pieces of furniture we'd never get away with usually. Animal Channel non-stop and no silly football games.

When Hank says to Mick "I really miss Mom, do you?" Mick will look him right in the eye and say "Mom who?" Wait, I didn't need to hear that.

Time away will be good for us. A change of scenery makes home look even better. We'll be rested and refreshed. Someday we will get to hit the beaches with our beloved pets with us. Until that day, they need to behave, stay healthy and try to be good dogs. Let me say that again "try" to behave, "try" to be good dogs, and definitely stay healthy. They will be fine....and so will we.

No comments: