Monday, November 8, 2010

Treats

Treats come in all shapes and forms. Right now, the dogs are enjoying Kong's frozen with mashed potato's and dog biscuits in them. I guess they are lucky I shared the spuds with them. There wasn't much left, and I thought about slurping them down myself. I gave it serious consideration, you know, to share or not to share. But most evenings they get Kong's with goodies in it, and potato's definitely qualify as a goodie!

At this time of night they need something to challenge their brains a bit. Keeping them occupied is important because my brain at this time doesn't need any more challenges. So it's a win-win situation. For me it's a treat to be left alone. For them it's a treat to work on and consume.

When I think about Sophie when she entered foster care, I can see she's come a long way. She didn't know what treats were back then. Now she's doing the happy dance when the Kong's come out of the freezer. In a way, giving treats is as much fun as getting them. Well, sometimes it is.

The Kong fun lasts for maybe 15 minutes, give or take. Then they start rotating Kong's hoping to get one more last bit of yummy out. Then they mill around on the off chance a treat fell to the floor and no one noticed. Not like that happened, but they search just in case.

Thus ends the day here. Goodies in Kong's, weary brains and tired bodies. What a treat.

No comments: