Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yard Detail

Of all the times of the year, this is my favorite for yard clean up. Short of the dog's bagging their own poop that is. Since that is not likely to happen today was the next best thing.

Sunny, not cold enough to need a heavy coat, no gloves, frozen turds. It doesn't get any better than that. Isn't it nice to know I haven't lost my sense of humor? I still don't know why scooping poop is such an introspective task for me. Yet, somehow it is. I do know why it's a one-woman job....because Reno's a smart man. Truth be told he does the trash every week, so I can't point any fingers.

Perhaps I am simply more skilled at yard detail. Or, it could be he knows the time in the yard, with me and the poop, makes my brain work. Good to know something does that.

In a perfect world the dogs would clean up after themselves. In a less perfect world, but one I could easily adapt to, Reno, or a yard service would clean it up. Okay, that will happen when I win the lottery.

Until then I'll try to find some peace in the poop. A satisfaction from spending time in the yard, with the dogs participating in their canine recycling program. They say life is in the details. From the number of "details" I scooped up - life is pretty good around here.

No comments: