Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So Busy

Ever get so busy you feel like you are on an escalator and can't get off? Ever feel like you don't know how to relax? Ever feel like your nose is always to the grind stone? Ever feel like months fly by and suddenly you've lost whole seasons?

Raising hands and waving the white flag. Surrendering is good. I need to do it more often. Taking a deep, cleansing breath......ahhhhhh......nice.

This is what I've learned this week. Nothing I do is so important that someone couldn't step in and do just as good, if not better than I do. I'm dispensible and that's okay. I'm not paid enough to bend over backwards and do back flips. My best on any day is good enough.

The dogs, and those who love me, will take me as I am, wag their tails and think I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I will take comfort in them, and they in me. I can let go and let God. I can let go and relax. I can let go and laugh. And, I'll do it in the company of dogs and those who bless my life.

No comments: