Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ebb & Flow

I love the words ebb and flow. I think they would be good names for dogs. Flow would have awesome recalls and Ebb would be a wonderful retriever.

Without ebb and flow we wouldn't be where we are today. I have to wonder which I am best at. Ideally, I would have a good balance of ebb and flow. Ironically, perhaps humorously, I do not. I seem to flow all over the place and need to work on my ebb.

One has to wonder what the larger plan is as today while driving we went off a narrow one lane road and flowed about 150' down an embankment. For a while there it didn't look good, but thankfully we all walked away from the experience. Guardian angels held our hands and many came to our assistance. Several locals called out
"Welcome to Maui" after confirming we were okay, and two offered to share their pot with us. Hospitality comes in many shapes and forms. One kindly drove us 18 miles back to town.

For some reason our journey held some bumps and turns. And more excitement that one ever anticipated. Let it be said though, our gratitude for surviving is as deep as the ocean and as wide as the horizon.

2 comments:

nerfkid said...

Glad to hear you are ok. That sounds crazy scary.

N. Bachmann said...

Crazy scary doesn't even begin to describe it!