Friday, April 9, 2010

Moving Dogs

There is a dog named Bolt in Iowa that I've been working on.  Truth is, I've never met Bolt, and I most likely never will.  I've never met Sheila who helped pull him from a kill shelter, I've never met Loren who has him as a temporary foster, or Deanna, who's helped coordinate vetting and moving him.  I'll probably never meet him or the family that has agreed to foster him.  But, he's been on my radar, and I've been in contact with all of these folks.

We are a family of sorts stitched together by our love of dogs.  Bolt is getting a second chance.  Each of us plays a small, but crucial role in it.

Bolt doesn't know this.  Whoever is lucky enough to adopt him won't realize how many people stepped up to the plate to make this happen.  It starts by one person caring enough to try.  It's followed by a string of emails, phone calls, wishes, prayers, more emails and phone calls, and answered prayers.  All this effort for an animal who was otherwise doomed to be euthanized.

No matter how long I work in rescue it's still amazing how large the network of dog lovers is.  So I would be remiss in not sending prayers of thanksgiving to the unknown people who helped bring all the dogs who've shared my life to me.  Thank you, thank you for all you did, and all you do.

Sign me - proud to work in rescue.....and lucky to love dogs.

No comments: