Thursday, April 22, 2010

Returning the Favor

Several years ago, Prince Kobe went walk-about. He ambled off the property and took a little stroll. I suspect he just wanted to wander and enjoy the neighborhood. He only got about 1/2 a block from home - thank God - before some kind woman picked him up and took him to the shelter. Kobe was walking with a dreaded cone of horror on, so I'm sure he only saw straight in front of him and missed some of the sights.

Today I got to return the favor. A little Shih Tzu, named Snickers, wandered into the yard. How could you not help a dog named Snickers? The gods of candy karma would smite you if you didn't! I tried to call the owner, but got no answer. Luckily Snickers was micro-chipped, licensed and had a tag with his owner's phone number on it. One of his tags said he "needs medicine". He was obviously well loved.

Now, I'm hoping he was really lost. My luck he was visiting a neighbor and just wandered out to the front yard. No one else was in sight and I wasn't taking any chances. Snickers got the same treatment Prince Kobe did. A gentle hand, some kind words and ride to the shelter to wait for his owner.

What goes around, comes around. I was happy to return the favor.

No comments: