Sunday, April 25, 2010

Visiting Dignitaries

I think anyone who doesn't like animals should immediately be deemed suspect and have their DNA tested for genetic abnormalities. The flip side of that is that anyone who is an animal lover, especially a dog lover (I am a bit biased) should move to the head of the class. So perhaps I'm making some wild generalizations, but there is some truth to this theory.

The Big Guy upstairs led me to the dogs, and in turn the dogs have led me to some awesome people. We enjoyed the company of one of those dog lovers last night. The fact that we had never met before was irrelevant. A friend of a friend of a friend who is a dog lover is a friend of mine. If they are a pointer lover even better.

Ms. Sophie was quite enamored with our visitor. Sophie rubbed against her like dogs do a dead fish on the river bank. Really, I mean that in the nicest possible way!! Hank graciously leaned into her for some loving in his "it's all about me" sort of way, and Mick did the whole "I'll make like I'm shaking hands, but really I want to see some cleavage" manuever. Amanda was enchanted (I think) as only a dog lover would be! I mean really, if a strange human did those moves the police would be called. Thank God dogs have a special magic that makes them all the more loveable for acting this way.

Suffice it to say, if there was an underground railroad of dog lovers we would be a safe house along the way. Our door is open to dog lovers. That just about says it all.

No comments: