Saturday, April 17, 2010

Whiskers

No, this blog is not about a pup named Whiskers.  But I usually write about the dogs.  Since I referenced dogs during my first sentence I can move on to other subjects.

This blog is for my friend Joan who pondered recently why women are cursed in later life with facial hair.  I've been thinking about this myself lately.  Her query got me thinking even more about it.  Well, and then last night while doing some selective tweezing I thought about it yet again.

I told Joan whiskers were pay back from the whole Adam & Eve fiasco with the apple in the Garden of Eden.  I believe menstrual cramps, menopause and mood swings are also the result of that.  Funny how plucking used to be limited to eye brows.  Mmmm, not so much anymore.  It's just not fair I tell you.

I admit experiencing a fair amount of angst about this.  They say to embrace your beauty as you age, but I don't think this applies to facial hair.  I reserve the right to detest this part of aging.  I used to adore my mascara wand, now my tweezers have more value.  The other day I wondered if duct tape could be used like wax for hair removal.  No, I wasn't drinking when this thought came to me.  I haven't actually tried it, some things are best left to professionals.

So, my dear friend Joan - I feel your pain.  The women of the world (at least the older women) can relate.  One day your skin is smooth and lovely, the next there is a wicked long whisker.  At least we have tweezers.  Eve probably didn't.

No comments: