Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sophie Dances

Sophie dances when no one is looking.  She also plays best without an audience.  Yesterday she dragged a sofa cushion clear across the room.  For being a little bit of a pointer, she can move mountains.  It's tough to get in good corrections when you can't catch her in the act.  Maybe we need those large round mirrors in the corners on the walls so you can see what's going on in the other room.  Or maybe not, that just sounds creepy. 

I am always torn between seizing those training moments and just enjoying that she's willing to play and get into mischief.  Last night she showed me a beautiful point, just gorgeous.  She followed that by testing how long the flexi-leash and my right arm is.  Yes, the right arm is longer now thanks to her!  She is making progress.  This morning, while I was out in my robe of course, she wanted to linger in the yard while I wanted to get in out of the wind.  That falls under the "be careful what you wish for" theory you know?

I suspect, that like Sophie, many of us dance when no one is looking.  But I also think, if we danced spontaneously that others would join in.  So, I have to ask, where do you dance?

No comments: